Monday, May 3, 2021

I've almost lost all the weight, but I seem to have developed some new unhealthy food habits I can't break

So I've lost most of the weight I wanted to lose (35lbs, with 10lbs left to go), but I have developed what seems to be some specific food addictions.

I had a really bad sweet tooth before I started and was bingeing pretty regularly on candy (mainly chocolate). I'm a recovering alcoholic and addict and the joke is that early sobriety makes you fat because we all get addicted to sweets instead, and that's been pretty true for me. I gained 30lbs in my first three months of sobriety, which is what led me to this weight loss journey in the first place.

Now five months after reaching my highest weight, I've lost all of that weight and then some. But to be completely honest, every day I still eat around 500 calories in low calorie ice cream (yasso, halo top, etc.). Sometimes a little more or less. I'm short so my calorie budget is 1500. So that's 1/3 of my daily calorie intake... in ice cream. And I can't seem to stop.

I find fruit really boring, and jello/pudding just isn't substantial enough. I know I probably need to retrain my tastebuds to not be addicted to sugar. Any tips? Really good replacements for sweets? Lower calorie/lower sugar stuff I can slowly replace the ice cream with?

submitted by /u/reasonable_re
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ef8LDA

No comments:

Post a Comment