Sunday, May 2, 2021

No energy to workout and can't lose weight on psychiatric medications with diet and exercise routine. What to do?

My stimulant medication isn't working for me either (I'm prescribed it for ADHD), what drug should I ask my doctor to put me on for anti-obesity? I need something that boosts metabolism and suppresses appetite because I'm on a calorie deficit and working out 5 days a week, like not a super low calorie diet, but safely low enough for two months straight. Also I feel like I'm given a sugar pill on Vyvanse. My thyroid is fine, for some reason my total estrogen is really high 201.1 H and total testosterone is low 318 ng/dL (Depakote is an anti-androgen?) Who do I need to go to for weight loss? My primary care physician just wanted to set me up an appointment with a dietician/nutritionist, but I already know how to lose weight, I've done it before, I'm dieting and exercising lol.

No weight loss and no energy to workout, I can move and walk, but can't run/lift, when I was off my meds having anosognosia I sped off like a bullet and 13 miles in one night non-stop moving bicycling fast, even on grass/concrete a little bit. I felt like a superhuman for a second. What's slowing me down? My cognitive functioning is decent just have problems with short-term/working memory, but I feel like a snail physically.

What is the pharmacology/mechanism of action for weight gain part of these drugs? Isn't there a drug to counteract that effect if not exercise and diet arent helping so you need something extra?

Is my metabolism impaired? What if I don't even lose weight from the appetite suppression from the stimulant medications, then what to do? I push myself forcing myself to run/sprint, but I can't just run, it's not like I get out of breathe or have chest pain. I need to lose the weight so I can move forward with my goals, please help.

submitted by /u/notadoc0014
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ud3RN8

No comments:

Post a Comment