Saturday, May 1, 2021

Progress: I lost 28lbs and gained muscle!

I want to highlight for those who are trying to lose weight and ‘failing’, it took me a year to find what would work for me. I hadn’t lost 80% of the extra weight until late 2020. I tried various diets, but some diets made me want to binge eat uncontrollably, some made me gain. It’s important to find the right diet for you, one that makes you happy and that you can maintain long term.

I’m 5’7, 18F and have started my weight loss journey when I was 16. I wasn’t overly large, but I probably ate upwards of 3000+ calories a day and was gaining rapidly. I also lived an incredibly sedentary lifestyle; I left the house maybe once a month and the only walking I did was from my bed to the computer. I had just surpassed my BMI being overweight at my heaviest, 156lbs. My weight gain was partly attributed to intense depression and anxiety.

Eventually I realized I was practically being controlled by junk food, and the only reason I’d bother to wake up was to eat 2 family sized bags of chips or fast food. I hated living like this and it only made my mental health worse. I started small. I tracked my calories, and I tried to eat 3 meals a day. I didn’t change what I ate quite yet, but through small changes throughout the years I had managed to drop 28 lbs.

I only started working out at home with resistance bands and weights in 2021, and I’m so excited about my progress. I have NEVER had abs before and it feels amazing to see results from the effort I’ve put on my multi year health journey. I don’t really have anyone to share it with, so I wanted to share it hereweight lossssss! This sub has been such a fantastic way to motivate myself and I’m so thankful to be apart of this group!

submitted by /u/awkwardcro1ssant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vvUIzx

No comments:

Post a Comment