Monday, May 3, 2021

Strength training / eating back calories?

Hey all!

I’m 5’3, female, and started at 185 in January and am now down to about 167.

I used to be a long distance runner and have taken back up running 3-5x a week (and cycling as recovery), and in the last three weeks added yoga and strength training. I can easily burn 600-1100 activity calories a day, says my Garmin Fenix and HR strap, in tracked activities only (not counting walking around). My total calorie burn for the day is usually between 2450-3100.

After adding the strength training (which I am doing safely, and in moderation, and 3-4x a week with good form and light weights)...

1) my weight loss totally stalled 2) I felt super exhausted all the time 3) I couldn’t seem to recover

I upped my protein. Still no improvement. I hydrated. No improvement. Took more rest days. Marginal improvement to how I feel but not to weight loss.

So I went back into MFP, where it had been suggested I eat 1360 (and which I had diligently been doing with one cheat day a week) — and changed my activity from “lightly active” to “active.” It bumped me up to 1560 a day.

But now I’m terrified to eat the calories.

Anyone else on here running 25+ miles a week & strength training and have to wiggle their calorie goals around? Anyone else with similar stats and similar issues? Help, please! I’ll take any advice I can get.

submitted by /u/thebookflirt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Se5s79

No comments:

Post a Comment