Wednesday, July 14, 2021

A stressful situation has finally pushed me towards health TW: Illness and death of a loved one

Hi everyone, I'm Bauerist and I'm 27 years old. I'm going through a lot right now, as my grandmother experienced a stroke due to a burst aneurysm in her brain earlier tonight. It's her second stroke in 16 months, and it's not looking great (she's 73). My other grandmother died from a stroke last year, and my grandfather has had a TIA in the last year as well. Strokes aren't that uncommon as you get older, but tonight has really made me think about my own health and mortality and I've realised I've got to make a change or it might be me being rolled out on a stretcher in the future.

Tonight I weighed myself for the first time in a very long time and the scales clocked in at 113.4kg. With my 169cm that puts me dangerously close to a BMI of 40. I'm writing this to give myself a starting point, and something to go back to when things get rough along the way.

I'm not new to weight loss, and I've been on and off the wagon countless times, I've used all the excuses in the book to justify falling, and I've given up over and over again. But I'd like to think my motivation is a bit different this time. This time I'm not doing it because I might want children some day, or because I want to look good in a certain type of clothes, or because people of my future profession are expected to look a certain way. This time I'm doing it to give myself the best chance to live a long and healthy life. I'm doing it for myself. I don't want to keep slowly killing myself.

I may be rambling by now, so to get back to the point. Tomorrow is my first day, and I'm going to make small, sustainable changes. I'm downloading a calorie tracker tonight, and tomorrow I'm taking my starting measurements and photos for future reference.

Maybe this horrible series of events will actually save my life.

So, day one:

  • 27F
  • Location: SWE
  • Height: 5'7" / 169 cm
  • SW: 250lbs / 113.4kg
  • GW: 140lbs / 63kg
  • Weaknesses: Chocolate, and sugar in general
  • Strengths: I don't trust motivation or inspiration to get me anywhere, discipline is where it's at.

PS: Thanks for being such a wonderful community <3

submitted by /u/Bauerist
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yZft8p

No comments:

Post a Comment