Tuesday, July 20, 2021

When a “fit” person gains weight...

Hi there. I am new to this community but thought I’d give it a go as other communities have helped me a lot on Reddit.

31F, 5’ 5” (165 cm) CW: 175 lbs (79.4 kg) GW: 145 lbs (65.8 kg)

Not sure if anyone else is in this boat but I feel like I woke up one day and gained 30 lbs. and no, this didn’t just happen during COVID. It’s weird to see my BMI as obese. If you saw me on the street you’d think I could stand to lose a few but hardly obese. Anyway, I digress.

I have always been athletic. In sports through high school and maintained a workout schedule through college and after.

During high school I hovered around 125 lbs, about 130-135 in college and maintained that for the most part until my dad died in 2017 right before my wedding. After a year or so after his death, I rapidly started gaining weight. Maybe it was the depression, maybe the married life.

Either way, I don’t feel like my lifestyle changes all that much. And honestly I’m not as depressed now so idk. Is it just getting older? Is it the 8 hour a day desk job finally catching up? Can my metabolism no longer take the Cheeto binges because I cant simply work them off? (Kidding, sort of. I rarely do those now)

Each time I’ve tried to lose weight I feel so defeated. When I was younger I felt like I could lose a few pounds just by working working out harder and eating a tad bit healthier but that doesn’t work now. My body seems to love the weight I’m at and continues to hold on to it.

So I guess my question is...what do you do to kick off a weight loss journey? How do I honestly determine how many calories I should eat in a day? Is trying to lose 30 lbs in 3 months crazy?

Is getting 10k steps in a day a big deal if youre doing other workouts through out the week? I honestly feel like the constant sitting is catching up.

So if you were me where would you start?

Thanks for taking the time. I am interested in any and all feedback!

submitted by /u/purple_crow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36RRcVI

No comments:

Post a Comment