Saturday, October 29, 2022

Dealing with stress during weight loss?

I've been dieting for a long time and struggled a lot as I used food as an unhealthy coping mechanism. From my experience, I've only ever managed to lose weight by following a meal and exercise plan, so that's what I am now doing.

Still, there's one issue--doing this stresses me out so much that I feel like I can't add other things into my life like studying for my online degree or working on side projects. At this point, I'm only working at minimum effort so I can afford to buy stuff. The meal and exercise plan is pretty easy to follow as well: I eat three meals a day with optional snacks Mon-Fri, eat whatever in moderation on Sat-Sun, and workouts are 4-5 times a week.

Things like working out used to energize me and kept me feeling good mentally but now I only notice the physical strength I gain with very little benefits to my mental health. I feel like if I add anything else to my goal, I would not be able to handle the stress and just drop everything completely. I was thinking it was because I haven't found a good replacement for my coping mechanism or a good stress management alternative. I also noticed as I was writing this that it sounds a lot like mild depression symptoms.

I was wondering if others on this subreddit have been through something similar. If so, how did you deal with it?

submitted by /u/Comfy_20
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/gCQ0E65

No comments:

Post a Comment