Sunday, October 16, 2022

weight loss for non-bariatric surgery

F/35/start 219 lbs / Current 215 lbs / Goal 179 to 200 lbs

I have severe GERD (reflux) to the point it is changing the lower esophagus cells (Barret's esophagus).

In the past, I tried Weight Watchers (1980s) and found that all I could think about was food. What could I have? When could I have it? How much could I have? I decided, even after successfully hitting my target, that that wasn't how I wanted to live my life, so I stopped doing it.

I was diagnosed with asthma and every time I had a severe flare, I was given prednisone for 10 days. Anyone who has ever been on this may have experienced the increase in appetite it often gives. I gained about 10 pound each time.

In order to have surgery to deal with this, I need my BMI to be less than 40, and ideally around 35. I saw a post mentioning the living shrinking diet and have looked it up in a web search. It seems like something I could do for 3 weeks (starting BMI > 40).

What thoughts and ideas do you have for me?

submitted by /u/ohio_Magpie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Ew1yp3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment