Thursday, October 20, 2022

Starting a sport completely changed the game for me!

I started training in an MMA gym 7 months ago and it has been the single best decision that I have made toward my weight loss goals. I haven't lost much weight since starting but I'm not too upset about it because I have gotten so much out of this that I didn't know I was missing! I've only lost about 8 pounds in the last 7 months but my body has transformed, I'm more muscular and toned and my cardiovascular endurance is amazing. Beyond the physical and health benefits I have found what I've been looking for and coping with the lack of using food, and that is community!! I have made so many friends and potential best friends since I started. My new friends all have fitness goals like me and we motivate each other to push harder and work on all aspects of our lives. For the first time in my life, I feel like I found my tribe, and it's in a gym where we beat each other up (with love of course). I have been so happy lately, even when things are hard I feel loved, wanted, and appreciated so it is so much easier to handle hard times! I lacked these things when I was growing up. I still sometimes get the urge to binge but now I abstain because I cherish my relationships and I want to be fit so that I can be a good training partner and make my teammates proud when I win my first fight. Binge eating takes me away from my goals, it just doesn't make sense anymore. I guess I was underestimating the importance of having people in your life who influence you in a positive way, it feels amazing - I wish everyone had a community that values and cherishes them! Does this mean I'll never binge again, no, but now I have good reasons why I don't want to.

Just wanted to share my joy, thank you for reading!

submitted by /u/Maintainingfreedom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JFCjd8h

No comments:

Post a Comment