Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Drinking tea has been the only thing that's worked for my weight loss.

So I'm not writing this as a "success" as I feel my weight loss journey is a kind-of "forever" thing. Yet I feel my mindset shift towards food has been a big forward evolution over the years, and for that I would like to thank TEA.

I've had a giant sweet tooth all my life. Eight years ago, I started a snack and candy business - because of course. I love sweets. Everyone told me after a few years I would get bored of eating what we sold, but I never did. Five years ago, I was at my highest weight since college, and a friend gently suggested that maybe I could try drinking herbal tea in the afternoons whenever I was craving sugar.

It has been the biggest weight loss "hack". Sometimes I'll drink a cup in the morning and then 2-3 cups in the afternoon and another before bed. I notice that sometimes my "sugar cravings" are really just manifesting as boredom or thirst, and tea feels so much more satiating and fun than drinking water. Of course, sometimes the sugar cravings are real, but a really great tea can appease them. (I have a lot of thoughts about great, nicely flavored tea).

I had a baby a year ago, and I was successful in getting back into this mindset, and losing 35 pounds postpartum by drinking tea. Yay, tea. Tell me your great tea suggestions.

submitted by /u/alonewithmycats
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jCuLvG9

No comments:

Post a Comment