Tuesday, October 18, 2022

lost 100lbs and have regained 15 of it in the 1.5 years of "maintenance". today is the day I lose that 15 again.

I lost 100lbs doing keto and I also got very active towards the end of the weight loss and that has helped me not regain so much weight after reintroducing carbs.

I'm trying to do this weight loss/maintenance thing with carbs becuase even though I feel physically and mentally incredibly with keto, it is too socially hard for me.

My current plan is to prioritize protein, eat 1500 calories weekdays and 3000 calories weekends to lose 0.5 to 1lb per week for the next 4 months. I run 3 days a week (long runs on the weekend) and I cycle to work on occasion. I'm going to reintroduce starting strength for weight training and just prioritize form and actually doing it but not necessarily adding weight.

I'm 5'8 165lbs currently. At 148lbs dehydrated I basically had abs and I'd love to get there again before a vacation early next year and have a good routine that I can actually maintain.

I guess I'm just looking for advice for sticking to especially the resistance training, I know it's good for me, I do actually sometimes enjoy it but after 5 years of trying I've never consistently lifted for more than maybe 5 months straight. I've been running for 2 years now, cycling even longer, never have issues sticking to it but I just can't keep lifting going.

submitted by /u/scaphoids1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aZCKSHh

No comments:

Post a Comment