Saturday, October 29, 2022

Lost 15 pounds, but it wasn't the win I thought it was going to be

I'm so frustrated about this!

So I was in the outback working with camels for 2 months (long story) and throughout my time there I lost 15 pounds! I was so happy! I was burning between 3000-4000 calories a day, and I don't know how much I was eating, but considering we were in the middle of no where it definitely wasn't junk lol, so I was definitely eating at a deficit.

But now I'm back in civilization and I got a body scan only to find out that half of that was muscle loss! I'm so disappointed. I feel like half of my recent weight loss success was just ripped away, and that all of the muscle gains from the last 6 months were too! It does make sense, I went from doing strength-focused HIIT 3-4X per week to not doing any dedicated exercise. While I was lifting things, a lot of the exercise was cardio-based (Walking up to 20 km a day some days). My cardio fitness has increased substantially, which is good because that was without a doubt my weakest point. But I'm still feeling frustrated that what I thought was a big win was just me losing the muscle I'd worked so hard to gain.

I don't know what exactly I hope to get out of this post. To be honest, I think I just needed to vent a bit! So thank you for listening to my terrible TED talk lol

submitted by /u/FamousTVshow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Earc48z

No comments:

Post a Comment