Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Sorry man, we are not the same.

I need some advice/ I just want to rant

So a little over a year ago I was 280 Lbs. I am 22m 5'11. Very large for my frame. Since then, I have lost over 65 lbs and gained a significant amount of muscle. I am finally at a point where I'm getting more tone in my physique and I feel AWESOME.

I have a friend who I have known for about 5 years now. Last year, we were both rather large. He was 6'4" 340. Together, we decided to make a change. He was good about it for a couple months. Maybe lost 20 pounds or so. But after that, he stopped eating well and hitting the gym while I continued.

Keep in mind, we live a few hours away from each other now. So, I couldn't hold him as accountable as I wouldve liked to. He kind of went silent talking about the weight loss while I shared my success with the group. They were all super proud of me and when I see them, they all say I'm looking "absolutely jacked" now. It feels awesome because I have always been on the bigger side, never as big as I was when I started this journey. But, bigger than i shouldve been nonetheless.

I have hit the gym 5-6 days per week, every week, for over a year. Today I ate my usual 2 pounds of chicken and good GOD am I sick of chicken (lol). But as of now, my friend has lost the same amount of weight as me.

"HOW?" You may ask. "Didn't he stop eating right and working out?" Yes. That is still true. But 3 months ago, he mysteriously got an Ozempic prescription. He had a routine doctor visit and the doc apparently said "you should probably start taking thos it will help." Whatever that means. I theorize that he was pre diabetic, but he won't disclose that with the friend group. But a doctor wouldn't prescribe that for nothing would he?

He still doesn't go to the gym or really eat right, but just melts weight away. That would be fine, as I obviously don't want him to be diabetic. HOWEVER, he starts comparing us and talking about how far we have come, etc. NO. NO.NO. NO. NOOOO.

I GRINDED and GRINDED. Days I was sick, I still went to gym. I would be DOG TIRED from work, and I still figure out a way to work out, avoid the junk food even when I don't want to cook. Be at Uni all day, and still find time in between classes to run 3 miles. I cannot STAND it. I have bit my tongue the whole time, lightly cheering him on. Maybe I came here for encouragement because I am weak and just can't be happy for him. I'm almost jealous he can just stick himself with a needle and have no issues losing weight. I don't know what to do.

TLDR: My good friend gets extra help with weight loss from a drug, and compares how our journues are the same.

submitted by /u/KNGSlick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qkvoz8x

No comments:

Post a Comment