Sunday, October 23, 2022

Scales, eating disorders, running and understanding how to do this healthy?

This is a bit of a mess of a post. I have questions at the bottom haha.

For context, I have a history of eating disorders. For the first time in my adult life, I have worked to a point where I am comfortable and not too sick to exercise! So, I bought a scale as a way to track weight loss and to not always chase after a moving target. I also started exercising 5x a week last week and it was been a LOT of fun. For the first time, weight is just a measurement instead of a judgment of too much or too little. It is a way for me to see and track progress instead of something to obsess over.

Later last week, I was looking good. I had dropped a bit - I could tell. Not a ton but enough that I looked nicer in a pantsuit I was wearing. I also was feeling more confident and better about myself. I have been working HARD to keep my mindset a "This is just for me just for fun! I love how this makes me feel. I have more energy and feel more productive. Plus, I don't feel guilty when I want the occasional piece of candy!" I also am working towards losing weight at the same time because I am on the heavier side (prior to working out, I was hanging around 201lbs for a 5'10" woman). So, I run for 30 minutes per day. My scale just came in today and I weighed myself - about 196lbs. So, I think an improvement of a few pounds which is kinda cool!

My questions are - how do you do this healthily? How do you keep from obsessing over your weight if you have a history of ED? Also, how do you run consistently? I tend to do .10 mile and then pause and die for a moment haha.

submitted by /u/Sweetly_Signing26
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mxVzsAt

No comments:

Post a Comment