Sunday, October 16, 2022

[F 5'2"] 22lbs (9.97kg) and counting weight loss-Don't underestimate how much your life can change in 6 months

I lost 20lbs and counting in the span of 6 months and still losing more to this day. This is what worked for me:

  1. I weighed myself every morning. Look, the most exciting part of my day was to step on the scale after paying a visit to the bathroom in the morning. 😂
  2. Stayed focus. We were hit with some major life changing news but I didn't let it sway me from my weight loss goal.
  3. Didn't quit. For the 1st month, despite not seeing much changes in my body shape and weight, I continued on with my daily routine. Month #1 sucked! Month #2 was magical! Month #3-6, beyond anything I ever expected from this journey!
  4. Didn't buy any new sportswear or equipment. I knew looking cute would have no effect on having a successful weight loss. It's all a mind game and if you truly want it this bad, you'll find a way.
  5. Didn't count my calories intake. I don't have that kind of time and patience to track this nor did I feel like doing this tedious work.
  6. Never skipped breakfast. Breakfast plate was made up of fruits, a spoon of peanut butter (for energy and good fats), occasionally a slice of cheese (for dairy, good fats and pleasure), and 2 cups of tea (good antioxidant). Prior to the start of my weight loss journey, bread had always a spot on my plate. No more; I now pull the smaller plate out so it looks full with no room for bread. If I have bread, it'll be 1-2 times per week, that's it.
  7. My go-to snacks. Nuts or fruits.
  8. Didn't buy my lunches. We cooked every Sunday morning to get our lunch meals ready for the week.
  9. Chewed every bite real well. Take your time chewing your food really well and bingo! You'll feel full before you know it.
  10. Applied bonus tip. There was not a single day where I had skipped either walking for an hour or a combination or running, biking, walking for a total of an hour.

My favorite line: Don't underestimate how much your life can change in 6 months.

I am so very happy I documented my weight loss journey through videos because honestly, that kept me on the right path. I now had something to prove and share with people (before and after transformation) and I wasn't going to give up halfway through. Secondly, I will forever have these clips to play on my phone while sweating my ass off on the treadmill or bike when I have those down/lazy moments. If I ever gain weight again, I will forever have this video to prove to myself it can be done time and time again.

submitted by /u/Bohomood
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ptYQOhZ

No comments:

Post a Comment