Saturday, October 15, 2022

Had my second baby and I'm scared I won't lose the weight

I just need to express my history and anxiety and maybe get some Internet encouragement.

I got control of my life/weight starting in 2017. Until that point I believed the fat myths that diets don't work and my body is fine how it is. I genuinely didn't know how much I weighed and how bad I looked. I sobered up and started going to a gym to distract myself and learned that I weighed 183 pounds as a 5'2, 36 year old woman.

Got my weight down to 137 pounds, and then got pregnant. Gained 45 pounds, but lost it all plus 10 extra pounds within about 6 months.

I'm now 7 weeks post partum again. I gained 45 pounds again, and so far only lost 10 whereas last time the weight melted off. I'm also 41 years old now, and I have a 2.5 year old.

I'm about to return home after traveling and my plan is to jump into weight loss on Saturday, but I'm so demoralized about it. Conventional wisdom says women over 40 have slower metabolism and can't lose weight. I don't know if I have the mental space to meal plan, weigh food, track calories, etc this time around. Last time I went on so many long hikes with my baby that I can't do now because the 2.5 year old likes to stop and play with sticks.

We went to a family fun event last week and every mother I saw was so fat and I'm just so worried that I'll never lose this weight and I'll turn into what I was in 2017.

And I know my body permanently changed with birth, that's fine. I'm not overly concerned with how I look as much as I just don't want to have an obese bmi again.

Any woman been where I am right now and can offer reassurance? Anyone lose the same amount of weight three freaking times who can commiserate on the feeling of futility?

submitted by /u/emptyyellowbowl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Nki7B50

No comments:

Post a Comment