Saturday, October 22, 2022

Just a tip for anyone get a rash under armpits or other areas where skin sag occurs. (Hope this is allowed).

Hi, I’ve had multiple attempts at weight loss over the last decade, and I always end up with an itchy and ugly armpit rash. The only thing that ever stops it has been a 10% benzoyl peroxide facial wash called PanOxyl. (I’ve tried anti fungals, hydrocortisone etc).

You do need to wash the areas first (like to remove antiperspirants or sweat). If using on armpits, do not shave for at least 48 hours ahead. Apply a dime sized amount or so on the end of a wet q tip or on wet paper towel to rashly area. Rub in thoroughly and let sit for a few minutes then wash off, and gently dry. Put on a shirt you don’t mind ruining after; benzoyl peroxide does discolor fabric. Do not shave if under armpit and no aluminum based deodorants until you’re clear (and dispose of old razors!). (I use Lume). Repeat the next day. I do this before bed, or after work. You should see a massive reduction in itching within a day. There will be skin folds that darken and peel; this is normal. Once you see this, only use the PanOxyl 3-4 times a week. Once cleared up, use once a week or so to keep the rash away.

I’ve gone from dark purple, angry rash under both armpits to clear within a month. I never go without this stuff now and during hot months will occasionally add it to my liquid body wash as a little extra protection for under boobs etc.

submitted by /u/anonymiz123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Q37cfIn

No comments:

Post a Comment