Tuesday, October 25, 2022

There and back again

Alright. Finally time to admit it.

In 2017 until 2019 I went on an amazing weight loss journey that changed my life forever. I went from roughly 350lbs down to my lowest of 190lbs - a total loss of around 160lbs. At my lowest, I felt great. My previously non existent dating life changed for the better, I found an amazing girlfriend, got the dream job and everything was looking great.

Everyone always warned me about the statistics of obese people who lose all the weight are likely to put it all back on in the end. I didn’t think this applied to me. “How could I ever go back to that lifestyle after all this hard work?” I thought. Boy, was I wrong.

Fast forward to today. I’ve put back on over 100lbs (current weight - 275lbs) While I still am in a great and loving relationship, my relationship with myself (and food) has never been worse. I’ve found myself scouring my old Lose It posts from my initial loss to find some motivation. Old progress pictures make me feel sick to my stomach to see what I have in front of me.

I’m going to pick myself up and give it another go. This is a never ending battle and I’m excited for this next chapter.

With that said, does anyone have any tips for someone going through a second weight loss journey? Has anyone dealt with something similar?

submitted by /u/HuntersRun54
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wZW6Mt0

No comments:

Post a Comment