Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Scared I'm not going to be here for my son in the long run due to my weight and need to change my lrifestyle ASAP. I've reached my breaking point and I don't want to be like this anymore.

Hi r/loseit, I came across this subreddit as a recommendation for support as I try to change my lifestyle and lose weight, a lot of weight. I'm a 25 year old female and just saw the scale hit 300 lbs for the first time. I never thought I would end up like this.

A little background on how I got here: at the beginning of the pandemic, I quit my job (I was a waitress for 6 years), moved out of state, and became pregnant with my first child. My starting pregnancy weight was 225 and after I had him I weighed 275 so I gained a large amount especially for how big I was already. A few months later, I was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety and depression. I completely lost myself and any amount of care I had to make myself a better person. You would think having a child would motivate you to do better, but I can't seem to get there. I also was diagnosed with IIH, a disease where high pressure in the brain causes headaches and vision loss. This has caused my right eye to almost become blind. I'm currently taking medication for that, and weight loss is also a big treatment option. It's been almost 2 years since he has been born and I'm still trying to manage the anxiety/depression, as well as begin my self love journey. I'm now 300 lbs and it is definitely time to do something.

My biggest issue is that I lose myself in food. Eating distracts me from everything else going on. I tend to skip meals during the day, and eat a large meal for dinner and then late night snacks. I don't really exercise. I have every once in a while whether that's going to the gym or taking my dog for a walk, but it's never consistent.

I know there are so many resources, but it's almost overwhelming to me. I'm looking for a simple starting point, a group where I can check-in to keep me motivated, guides, etc. I want to involve myself in this community. No one around me is dealing with something similar so it's hard for me to find support. If you're still here, I appreciate you reading this and appreciate anything you have to offer. I find myself so worried that one day soon, my son will be without his mother due to my weight and health issues. I can't let that happen. Please help. Thank you.

submitted by /u/MastodonThin9981
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YjtuS2Z

No comments:

Post a Comment