Monday, October 17, 2022

Can’t decide on pregnancy or continuing to lose weight

I (27f) don’t know if this is the right sub, but I just need to vent I guess. I have lost 10% of my body weight (32 pounds) since June. I’ve been using phentermine irregularly. I mainly use it near my period when I know I’ll be craving, or on weekends where I am sitting around at home and may be tempted to just snack all day.

I am working with a weight loss doctor and she has recommended Saxenda. However, my husband (30m) and I are considering trying for a baby in the next year. Today my doctor basically said it may not be worth building up my dosage on saxenda to then have to come off of it in just 6 months. She told me she is worried the meds will suppress my appetite and then when I get pregnant I will blow up and gain all the weight back.

I plan to continue meeting with this doctor & a dietician even through pregnancy. I just cannot decide how long to push off pregnancy for losing weight. My husband is okay waiting however long I want to, I just have no idea what I want. I want to lose the weight and be my healthiest. And I want babies. And it doesn’t feel possible to do both together.

SW: 323 CW: 291 GW: 215

submitted by /u/eilhsaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DB3NW7h

No comments:

Post a Comment