Thursday, October 13, 2022

no one talks about the negatives of post weight-loss

I’ve (M15) lost about 70 LBS (221-143) within a year or so and i’m still unhappy. See I wanted to lose weight since I was like 11 years old, I wasn’t “fat” I was just unhappy with my body. It wasn’t until 6th grade when I started gaining all of this weight and becoming “fat”. Maintained my weight until 8th grade when Quarantine hit and The Pandemic started. The way I used to eat was insane lmao and it was very rough to keep with any goal weights. I kept doing diets and youtube workouts eventually lost 20 LBS. I lacked motivation and discipline tho, so I gained it all back and more. At that point I just stopped caring about losing weight and gained hella confidence for some reason. It’s like I accepted my body for what it was and we were quarantined so my thought process was “well no one’s gonna see me”. When Quarantine started to end and we were allowed to be within society again, people started pointing out my weight gain.. I was like 14.

Fast Forward, Freshman year.. Still “fat” but my height evened it out so I wasn’t that big. I wasn’t in love with myself like before and actually hated everything about my self. I felt inferior to everyone in my grade (I barely knew anyone), Yep my self esteem was that low. Constantly comparing myself to other people. Then, November hit. Started to diet extremely and lay in bed all day. Noticed the scale going down within a month. Probably lost about 17 lbs in that first month. I got the hang of the weight loss thing at month 3. Fairly happy with my progress (month 3) and decided to stop losing weight (lost a lot of weight by then Maintained my weight for as long as I could. Eventually I gave in and started losing weight again. Everyone noticed, my parents calling me “too skinny” and telling me to eat. I wasn’t even that thin, parents are so dramatic. Losing weight didn’t do anything major for me but make me unhappier with everything overall.

Losing weight did nothing but improve my “health” I guess. It caused me to be extremely anxious in public all the time. For those of you who think losing weight would get rid of all your problems trust me, It really doesn’t. (I know everyone says this but it’s true, Some people might feel happier but losing weight really doesn’t guarantee happiness or confidence). I don’t think my self esteem has ever been this low or my depression being this bad. This does not apply to everyone though, it’s my personal issues.

PS: this isn’t to make anyone feel discouraged to lose weight just wanted to share my story. Thank you

submitted by /u/koualabear
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MJ974PQ

No comments:

Post a Comment