Friday, October 21, 2022

I’ve gained 13lbs in a month

Sex: F - Height: 5’6 - SW: 294 - CW: 284 - GW: 143

I’ve been working out and watching what I eat since June 2022. I’ve actually been with a personal trainer since then as well doing two sessions a week with her, and coming in on my own 1-3 times a week on top.

I started out counting my calories but have been intuitively eating for the last 2.5 months, which seemed to be working because during my last weigh in about a month ago I clocked in at 271 pounds.

I just had another weigh in yesterday, and I GAINED 13lbs.

NOTHING has changed. I eat the same, and if anything I have been coming into the gym more because I wanted to smash my next weigh in. With that being said, I also do body measurements during my weigh ins and I lost a total of 8.5 inches around my body (4.5 from waist, the remainder from arms/legs) so I am just super confused at what happened. I kind of had a breakdown because I was really expecting to have lost another 10lbs at least given how hard I’ve been working at the gym.

The only thing I can think that may have affected my results is my stress levels - I’ve had an insane month at work where I have been super stressed out. Could that be the culprit ?

Currently I’m a bit at a loss and just find everything really overwhelming. I just need some help in determining where I may have went wrong, and what I can do about it. I need to keep going but I also need to do what I can to make sure I don’t have another breakdown at my next weigh in. I feel like I keep pushing but I’m genuinely exhausted by everything else. What to do???

Edit: forgot to add height, I’m 5’6.

Edit 2: the scales my PT uses has an inbuilt body composition scanner. I don’t know how accurate it is and I don’t have the specific stats but she did mention my muscle mass has remained the same but my fat mass has increased. So I definitely know I’ve gained weight, just not quite sure how.

Her suspicion was the stress having a big impact, but I just don’t know what I could really do to undo the impacts of stress on my weight loss journey.

submitted by /u/NoorHan14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YJeRNH9

No comments:

Post a Comment