Wednesday, October 26, 2022

low bmi vs waist size risk?

Hi all,

Just wondering about people's thoughts here. I've lost a lot of weight and am really happy with my progress. I've got quite a slight body frame and was always very naturally thin as a kid and teenager. I put on a lot if weight in my 20s and early 30s due to arthritis and a terrible diet. Post weight loss I've brought my BMI down from just into overweight to 19, which is nearly the cusp of underweight (36F, 53kg, 167cm height) and the calculators always say to watch for any further weight loss. I carry all of my weight on my belly and have pretty skinny legs. According to the British Heart Foundation guidelines, having a waist size of 80cm puts me in the risk category so I still want to lose weight to try and bring my stomach size down. But I don't want to risk being under weight/unhealthy.

Anyone have any advice/opinions? Thanks!

submitted by /u/lemonkitty_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1hm7LKG

No comments:

Post a Comment