Tuesday, October 25, 2022

I'm finally overweight!!

I started this journey 8 months ago and now according to the BMI scale I'm finally considered Overweight and it feels good. I thought I'd be more excited when I actually got here but I realise I still have a long way to go.

I started at 236lbs and currently weight 206lbs. It's taken a long time than it should because I wasn't really able to stick to my calories every single day. I also started this with IF but in a few months it just didn't fit my schedule and it wasn't for me but I think it can be a great way for someone to get started if they have a habit of snacking constantly.

I hit a plateau as well, everybody does and what helped was starting to move more, initially my idea was to just reduce my calories and lose weight that way because I hate exercise but I knew I eventually would have to start exercising (to lose weight and for my overall health).

I tried running on the treadmill for a week and just stopped, I HATED IT.

Then a few weeks later I just read a post about walking and I just started walking around my house while browsing on my phone. It was so much better and I could do it at any time without having to put on without clothes or set a separate time period for it. I also have a fitbit so I joined all these challenges for steps that motivated me to move more as well.

It genuinely helped me a lot both in weight loss and also it helped reduce my RHR and I'm still really surprised that all I had to do was walk, so if you're dreading lifting weights or running on the treadmill, just walk. It's not the same but it's better than sitting all day.

I hope some day I can enjoy strength training and fast paced cardio the same way that I enjoy walking.

submitted by /u/Putrid-Television-22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yxKCLi2

No comments:

Post a Comment