Friday, October 14, 2022

You often hear that we notice our own weight loss before others do…but I’ve had the opposite experience. Anyone else?

I started getting comments at around 20 pounds lost. Family members & friends were telling me that I looked like I lost weight. I couldn’t see it though. I felt as if I looked the exact same as I did at my heaviest.

At first I even thought people were saying that just to be nice. But then I realized, 60% of the people complementing me, don’t even know that I’m on a weight loss journey. I didn’t understand why I couldn’t see it myself.

It wasn’t until I hit about 30 pounds that my eyes caught up. I looked in the mirror one day and thought, “Damn, I do look thinner!”

I often hear people say that we see our progress before others do. I find it funny that my experience has been the opposite. Was it like this for anybody else?

submitted by /u/Terrible-Highway5379
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/y5sEd1L

No comments:

Post a Comment