Sunday, October 28, 2018

2 Year plateau after 170lb total weight Loss - Need help please [M/36/5'11"]

I am looking for some big picture perspective/help/advice related to my long-term weight loss progress over the last 5+ years. Specifically, about 5 years ago I started an intentional plan to lose weight at 392lbs after getting a bunch of different bad health diagnoses at once.

After the first year, I was down to about 290, and started exercising regularly. I spent about a year on a plateau between 270-290, and then went from 270 to 220 in about a 6 month period. However, the last 2 years, I've been "stuck" between 220 and 230, seemingly no matter what I do or try.

Now, with that said, I'm really, really happy that, for 2 years, I've been consistently keeping off 170lbs. I have continued to consistently exercise, log my eating on MFP, and maintain a generally healthy diet; although, obviously eating enough calories to maintain 220-230. Usually, I'll go on a drive to try to get below 200lbs and start eating 2100 calories, or 2400+aggressive exercise, go from 228 to 218 over 6 weeks, and then my weight will creep back up to 225 over the next 10 weeks, at which time I'll repeat this process again, seemingly to no end.

I would estimate that I'm around 25% body fat right now, and I want to get down to below 15%, which I would estimate I would need to be maybe around 175lbs. I feel like I really need some "big picture" advice/perspective, and any help anyone would be willing to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/hellohowa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qiteO1

No comments:

Post a Comment