Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Where to find motivation!

I felt I needed to write this post in response to another thread where the person was asking how to find the motivation to do the hard work of losing weight. I realized I did not buckle down and truly put in the hard work required to lose weight until a few things happened.

First let me tell you what didn't motivate me. I put on 40 lbs over 5 years due to stress, poor health and too many big life changes. Every year as the weight piled on I wanted to take back control. I was really uncomfortable in how I began to look, didn't motivate me. I started noticing that I looked so round in pictures, didn't motivate me, I just started avoiding cameras.

I started eating more and more and that full feeling brought me some comfort instead of scraring me...I could eat all day long and never felt satisfied...I knew I was the cause of my own weight gain, but I couldn't stop.

I used to be a runner, but now any kind of exercise felt like torture to my larger body, so I hated it.

I hated not being able to run, or exercise without wanting to die. I hated the pain from DOMS. I started really not liking exercise. I wondered how I ever liked it before.

The only thing that brought me peace was food...and I was supposed to give that up too!!!!

Medical problems began to develop, lots of pain and doctors telling me I needed to lose weight for some of the problem and it would help eliviate the pain...still did not motivate me.

The pain got worse, and the pain attacks got more frequent...I developed other issues in my body. I was able to get a surgery to remove one of my issues. I started feeling a bit better.

I went for a really long walk...and I wanted so badly to have my healthy body back, but why? Why did I want my healthy body back...I walked some more. I think I walked for days... slowly walking replace my need for food, walking was something I could do, it cleared my head, it helped me see why I wanted my healthy body back, I walk for long time, until everything in my body was stiff and hurting over and over I walked and then I began climbing, I climbed mountains, the feeling of overcoming those obstacles just gave me so much peace inside and that peace helped me see why I needed my healthy body.

I needed my healthy body because I was tired of existing, I wanted to live my life to the fullest again, find joy, find peace, find fulfillment.

Climbing hard mountains prepared me for this weight loss journey, climbing mountains poorly helped me see I wanted health more than I wanted food, climbing mountains was what I wanted.

I wish for you a journey that will show you what you're capable of, what the possibilities are, what your strengths are...I wish for you a journey that set your heart on fire for life!

When you get tired of existing and want to start living again is where you find the motivation of doing the hard work of getting your healthy body.

submitted by /u/Lavabelle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OXKS8S

No comments:

Post a Comment