Saturday, October 27, 2018

How do I help my mother lose weight?

Hey guys,

I’m still living at home but about to leave the nest. My mother has been overweight all my life. She’s around 165-170 cm at a 100 kg. She has throughout my life tried to lose weight several times by going to weight watchers, trying different diets etc.

Sometimes she loses about 5 kilo but she quickly bounces back. She is in her mid 60s and I’m afraid she’s too lazy to properly work out. She works hard and long hours (sitting) and doesn’t get much natural walking throughout the day.

She’s currently eating beta blocker for high blood pressure which she says conflicts with weight loss.

The problem is diet, but I don’t think mainly. She’s eating better but in my opinion too big portions. She’s staying away from sweets and unnecessary calories relative well. Although I don’t know what she does at work, but it sounds like she’s doing the same there.

The main problem is that she’s not working out. She has a gym membership but it’s rarely used and when she does I don’t think she exercises hard enough. I’ve suggested different things; personal trainer, going swimming or even getting out to walk at a high tempo. It gets me frustrated because she doesn’t do any of it. She doesn’t want a personal trainer, she thinks the water is too cold even at the gyms, she hurts by walking too much etc.

As I said she works hard, she leaves at around 8 and comes home about the same time, with the exception of a bit earlier or later, more often the latter. I understand that she’s tired and it’s hard to start but how do I motivate her??

Thanks guys

submitted by /u/mjoelkchoklad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zbxiDS

No comments:

Post a Comment