Sunday, October 28, 2018

NSV: I bought straight sized clothing today

It has always been that unattainable dream, you know? Walking the mall, picking a random store, picking up something from a rack and trying it on and it fitting. It seemed so far away and it kept seeming far away even as my weight loss progressed. I have lost 83lbs in the last couple years. But it never seemed like my time yet.

Today I was buying some smaller jeans and took a lap around the mall, it seemed like a good way to get my steps in. As I strolled, I passed the H&M and figured why the hell not! It was so goddamn overwhelming, walking into that store. I knew they had some plus sizes but it wasn't clearly marked but I had no idea if those would fit. So I started wandering the store. Never in my life have I had an entire store's worth of possibilities and honestly, it was goddamn overwhelming. There was no squirreled away corner with limited options, it wasn't a boutique store catered to larger sizes. It was and entire goddamn store, where the hell do you even begin?

I panicked, I was so close to just walking out and not looking back but I thumbed through the clearance rack, finding a few items. Larges, my brain told me there was no way they would fit but I had come this far, I had nothing to lose. Luckily there was no line in the dressing room, otherwise I'd probably have left right then and there.

To my absolute shock and disbelief, 4 out of 5 items I picked up fit like a damn glove. And the 5th? That was too big. Imagine that!! I'm not going to lie, I sobbed happy tears in that dressing room. I finally made it to straight sizes. The entire world of shopping is my overwhelming oyster and I'm thrilled to bits. My wallet is going to hurt for a bit, there's no way I can't go out and try out more things now! I'm glad I didn't let myself get too overwhelmed that I left. It was an amazing experience and my absolute favorite nonscale victory so far in this journey.

I know H&M is notorious for vanity sizing but hey. I made it and I'm not done yet. I just still can't believe it!!

submitted by /u/jimmitdamn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CPYXxw

No comments:

Post a Comment