Monday, October 29, 2018

Things I heard during my weight loss journey

Starting with a BMI around 30

  • Men like women with a belly (Fine, but I don't like my belly)
  • Men like woman with meat
  • You are beautiful (Thanks, I know I don't have to put a paperbag over my face)
  • You aren't fat/overweight (Yes honey, I am)

During the weight loss

  • Oh, you are still doing that? (Yes, haven't reached my goal yet)
  • I could never go to the gym.
  • Oh, you are eating THAT? (Sure, sometimes some junk food, won't kill me or my progress)
  • Can you give me some of your recipes? (Sure!)
  • Well, I'm way too lazy to cook. (... You don't have to do it, but I love that)
  • Well... I have condition X/Y/Z, so I can't lose weight.
  • Oh, I want to lose weight, too! How are you doing that? (Me, explaining what I do, then hearing it's to complicated.)
  • Are you finished? (Nope!)
  • You look good. (Thanks!)

Reaching BMI around 20 (Things are getting weird here)

  • Are you anorexic? (Should have counted, how many times I heard that question)
  • You sure you don't have an eating disorder? (....)
  • There is nothing left of you.
  • You are waaaay to skinny now!
  • Why do you buy that, if you are going to purge later? (WTF? Yes, that was a serious question)
  • You are still counting your calories? (Sure, helps me to controll my food intake)
  • Damn girl, you look fantastic! (There are nice and encouraging people, too!)

It made me stop interacting with a lot of people, because I was so tired hearing those things over and over again. During the weight loss, I met with a dietitian from my health insurance a few times to made sure, my food plans were fine and I did the right things (and still doing them). I had no problem, when someone asked me, how I did it and if they have some tipps. But hearing so many times, from different people, that I have an eating disorder, pissed me of a lot.

Have you heard those or similar things?

submitted by /u/Tiaanjiaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q2sA2E

No comments:

Post a Comment