Monday, October 29, 2018

Less sugar, more fiber, more healthy fats, fewer meds and a great doctor are saving my life.

I've lost 50 pounds, reducing from 285 to 235 pounds and lost six inches on my waist, from 54” to 48" and still losing.

I had retired from my stressful job, moved and got a new doctor; he asked why I was taking so much medication. He halved one of my 3 diabetes medication doses and feeling like this could be my last chance for a healthier life I had renewed determination to improve my diet.

Three months later I visited the doc and my A1C was very good, on the cusp between diabetes and heathy so we halved a second of my medications.

Three months later I visited the doc and I complained of unexpected 20 lb weight loss. My doctor responded, "It's not unexpected." He explained that water retention is a problem with that second medication. My A1C was now even lower into the normal, healthy range and he stopped that first diabetes medication completely. One down two to go.

Three months later, twenty more pounds lighter again and an even better A1C and my doctor asked what do I eat? I told him I'd been eating a more boring, rigid diet. For breakfast I eat 6 tbs hummus with 2 tbs olive oil and a half an orange. "Does that satisfy you?", he asked. I told him it keeps me filled until lunch and we eliminated that second medication. Two down one to go.

My doctor explained that I will stay on the Metformin for now, but if I continue to lose weight with healthy blood sugar and blood pressure he will cut out one of my blood pressure medications.

submitted by /u/timbo514
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2z7SjiI

No comments:

Post a Comment