Thursday, October 25, 2018

I’ve lost 11st 1lbs in 43 weeks, and I’ve never felt better!

As I previously mentioned in a post, at the start of the year I began my healthy living lifestyle change, this was supposed to be the beginning of the rest of my life, but during the course of this year, I’ve surprised myself a superseded all expeditions! Being 23, I should be living my life to the full, not wondering if this is the year I have a heart attack!

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been significantly overweight, always the biggest person around, I’d sadly gotten used to it being that way, and accepting that I’m the token fat friend that people have. I’ve tried on numerous occasions to diet, and every time I’ve quit, and gone back to being my usual large self. I knew in my mind that if I didn’t do something about it, I’d die far younger than I should, but for some reason I just couldn’t get into the zone to shift the weight. Even with my family expressing concerns for my health, I didn’t seem to want to do anything about it.

By the end of 2017 I was over 30st 2lbs (442lbs). As most people do, it was ‘new year, new me’. I’d decided that as of January 2nd, I’d change my lifestyle to a more healthy one, not just a diet.

I knew that this was going to be difficult, but I had to go cold turkey, no cheating! Cheating is the reason I failed so many times before. I had to completely change my eating habits!

Everything had to be changed, no more ready meals, bread, confectionary, and definitely no snacking before bed, or even whilst in bed.

I had started to cook my own meals, using some of my favourite flavours and ingredients to make my favourite meals but healthier versions. Instead of eating lots of crap, often, I had big portions of my main meals, which would keep me going until my next meal, without feeling the need to snack. At the start I was still putting sugar in my coffee, and whilst I was reducing my food intake, my coffee intake was increasing rapidly, this meant my sugar intake was also increasing! I make the decision to cut the sugar out completely, it took some getting used to, but after a few months, I couldn’t go back to having sugar, it left a horrible taste in my mouth!

I was exercising where possible, but not frequently, my cardio fitness after 2 months had doubled, from being able to do a 45 minute, to a 90 minute workout! I could feel myself getting healthier.

After a month or so people would tell me I was looking better, and the longer my lifestyle went on, the compliments got even greater, I’d gone from nothing, to daily compliments about how great I looked. The more people talked about me, the more it spurred me on, I felt like I couldn’t let the people down who were rooting for me to finish my journey!

In no time at all I was smashing targets left, right and centre. I’d lost 19lbs in the first 3 weeks. It took 16 weeks to lose my first 5 stone. By this point my mind had switched and I began to think “I can do this, I will do this” I will be the best version of me that I can. I’d hit my 10st marker at the start of September! And as of today, writing this I’ve lost 11st 1lb.

I have 2st 1lb remaining until I hit my target of 17st. I have never felt as good as I have felt along this journey! I know that I’ve got a second chance to live my life, and this time I’m going to make the most of it.

The only person who can change your life, is you. To achieve it, you need to believe it. Absolutely anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

My weight loss is not the result of any magic diet pills, surgery or even a personal trainer!

Progress Picture

submitted by /u/craig_i95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JfE2oR

No comments:

Post a Comment