Saturday, October 27, 2018

Struggling with a family visit

I just feel really defeated.

My in laws are here for a week (leaving tomorrow) and it has been so hard not to indulge. They’re here taking care of my husband who had out patient surgery and is couch ridden for a bit.

Before the surgery, our dinners were Chinese take out and pizza. They also love breakfast and go all out while I avoid it all together. After the surgery we’ve had Burger King, chicken pot pie, and last night I made salmon with veggies. In addition to all the meals, my husbands father is obsessed with ice cream so they all have some every night. And since my husband is stuck on the couch he’s eating junk food and soda out of boredom. I just went shopping with his mother yesterday and we bought so many chips and cookies and snacks.

I’ve really tried this week not to over indulge. I skip breakfast knowing I need more calories for the evening, I ate less than half of the Chinese, only ate one piece of pizza and got a side salad, I’m portioning out my ice cream to 90 calories and only had it 2 nights, and I haven’t had any soda or chips/cookies. Last night I even portioned my salmon and potatoes (which got me some fun comments from my in laws - “you weigh your food??”)

In addition to that I’ve done a 1 hour workout every day they’ve been here (pure barre). I go in the morning so it’s not inconvenient to their visit.

All of this and obviously my weight loss has stalled for the week. It’s frustrating to feel so restricted compared to those around you. They’re all so care free in their diet and it’s constantly on my mind. I don’t usually exercise 5 days a week so I was really hoping I’d managed my eating well enough to still have lost ~1lb, but nope.

I guess I should be proud that I haven’t just given in and consumed with them. Clearly the scale would’ve gone in the other direction if everything I did only kept my weight the same. And I am proud of myself for exercising 5 days this week, that’s probably a first in my life.

Just wanted to get that off my chest, thanks for listening.

submitted by /u/facingthewinter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CMCi5c

No comments:

Post a Comment