Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Advice from a newbie. This helped me tremendously.

I started my weight loss journey on Sept 20, 2018. 5.5 weeks ago. In that time I have lost 35 lbs. 20 in the first 2 weeks. I am doing my own take on the KETO diet. Low carb, high fat, moderate prot. And I am doing great. I haven't had bread or pasta in this whole time, which is a milestone in and of itself because that was basically 100% of my diet before.

Here has been my major issue. I crave bread, pasta, soda, sweets, etc. So I came up with a possible psychological solution to this. And it boils down to this... it is a subconscious urge to rebel.

Here is my theory: Remember when you were younger and your parents or guardians told you "No"? Or said you cannot do something. This response only made you want to do it more. You wanted to do it simply because you were told you cannot. I feel the same subconscious urge to rebel applies to diets. Still following?

So, theoretically, if you are on a diet and tell yourself "I absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, have this soda", then you are going to crave it more. Because you cannot have it. Its human nature. However, if you tell yourself "I can have a diet soda if I want it, but I choose not to because I am on a diet" then you are giving yourself a choice and its your decision. So if you are in that mindset you are less likely to "rebel" against your own rules to have that soda.

In my experience in the past 5 weeks I have followed this mindset. Once a week I have a "cheat day" to have that piece of cake, or that candy bar. And on those cheat days I find myself not cheating. Because I don't want to. I have no true urge to. Its all a mindset and if you give yourself the choice to cheat (within reason) then, in my expierience, you won't cheat.

Again, theoretically, if you don't have the mindset of "I absolutely cannot eat that" then your less likely to eat it. It all boils down to a psychological mindset. And it has helped me tremendously. Maybe it won't help everyone, but give it a shot if you see yourself cheating a lot. It may be because you have a subconscious rebellious personality.

Anyway. That's all. Sorry for the long read. Hope it helps. Lets discuss it in the comments!

submitted by /u/Duck-Bodied-Platypus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CQNL3O

No comments:

Post a Comment