Friday, October 26, 2018

I. Can’t. Stop. Drinking.

In the past 5 months I have lost 22 lbs. I feel like my weight loss has been very slow, with very little payoff.

I know it is due to my excessive drinking, but I can’t seem to stop.

I work in the service industry, so that means long hours and even longer nights out with my coworkers.

Every night after work I am asked to go get a drink (I am sometimes even offered alcohol while at work.)

My social life generally revolves around my coworkers, and my friends outside of work all drink and party as a means to have fun as well.

It seems like everywhere I turn there’s a drink being offered to me and I can’t seem to say no.

I have started every day for the past few weeks with the mantra, “I will not drink” and somehow, at the end of a long shift, it all melts away into a glass of vodka.

On the nights I have succeeded in saying no, I get really lonely and depressed. I said no for 5 days (I know it doesn’t seem like much) and it was freaking awful. I missed my friends and I missed the bottle.

I should also mention that NO ONE is supportive of me not drinking. They laugh at me when I say I’m trying to not drink and don’t let it go when I say I don’t want to go out.

At this point I’m at a loss. I don’t know how to stop drinking, I don’t even know where to begin. I feels like my whole life outside of work revolves around booze.

Every week I consume at least 3,000 calories worth of vodka and I know that cutting it out would make a hugeeeee difference.

Does anyone have any advice for someone trying to quit the bottle?

submitted by /u/mihobitch99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AtwmN1

No comments:

Post a Comment