Wednesday, October 31, 2018

[NSV] Went to the gym after the Halloween Party last night! Screw you, pizza!

Last night my company threw a Halloween party, complete with candy, popcorn, the works. I vowed to only have one thin slice of pizza, then finish off my dinner with a salad. Unfortunately pizza is my #1 weakness. No matter how much I think I can only have just one, I've never done it. I ended up having three small slices at the party and had a wonderful time.

Of course I had surpassed my daily calorie goal. By the time the party ended and cleanup was done, it was 6:30 PM and I had an hour drive home ahead of me. Every bone in my body was saying "just go home and crawl into bed. You haven't seen your boyfriend all day. You have Red Dead Redemption II to play."

NOPE. My common sense kicked in. I was not about to slip into old habits. I asked myself "how bad do you really want this? If you don't want to go to the gym you don't want it that badly."

I do. I do want this badly. I've struggled with weight loss all my life. This is MY TIME. So I showed up to the gym, finished Week 3 Day 3 of C25K, hopped on the stationary bike for a bit, and kissed those pizza calories goodbye. I felt amazing. I'm still feeling amazing from a workout I finished 14 hours ago.

If there's anything you can take away from this, let it be this: do the workout even when you don't want to. You will never finish a workout and say "ugh...I wish I hadn't done that." It's okay to give in to your indulgences once in a while. Just stay accountable and don't stop working. Thanks for reading, everyone!

submitted by /u/melodycat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q9tsm9

No comments:

Post a Comment