Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Overcoming Grief: Small Victory

I was doing very well in my weight loss journey from July to August, but when my Grandpa passed away and I couldn’t continue being faithful to my diet/exercise routine.

Instead I slept 12 hours a day and laid in bed for the other 12, only getting up to do homework, shower, eat or use the restroom; occasionally going to class.

I regained 8lbs (3.6kg) from September to late October, which was completely devastating because that’s more than half of the weight I initially lost. I was very frustrated, but not surprised when I finally bit the bullet and decided I needed to weigh myself to get back on track.

I’ve been talking with a counselor per my mom’s request and it’s helped a lot. She’s motivated me to get back on my diet (which I’ve cheated on a little here and there) and since Oct. 24th I’ve lost 6lbs (2.7kg) of grief weight!

During this journey I have been through a lot of ups and downs (physically and metaphorical), but I’m really hoping this is the start of something real.

All I want is to be healthy, and have a healthy relationship with food. I’m feeling confident that I can do this, so that’s a start. I’m excited to see where this goes.

submitted by /u/Mildly_maria
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qiJE9l

No comments:

Post a Comment