Thursday, October 25, 2018

Some perspective on relationships & weight loss

I'm [28 M] in a relationship with my girlfriend [28 F]. Before I met her, I was in shape, but now that we've been together for two years, we've lapsed into poor eating habits, and we're both overweight. I'm roughly 230lbs, and she's sitting at my guesstimate of 290-300lbs.

For context, I had a drinking problem when we met, but have since given up alcohol entirely for my health. I lost all of my friends in a final blowout argument just before meeting my girlfriend, so I don't have anybody to speak to about these things other than you internet people.

My question is this. Am I being manipulated into a life of health issues & weight gain by my lazy girlfriend?

It took me months to even get her to acknowledge that we've ballooned, and it took a nasty blowout & the threat of breaking up if she didn't at the very least agree that we needed a change to actually get her to listen to me about fitness.

Even now, she disagrees with every rational process I take to lose weight. She'll tell me that she wants to lose it, and we'll go for 2-3-4 days doing so well with walks, exercises, swimming, etc. Then, she'll bake me millionaire shortbread whilst I'm at work and expect me to eat a whole slab because she "slaved away all day". She'll complain about being sore from her swim, then get so grumpy & irritable with me that I eventually cave & give in to Chinese takeaway.

Has anybody else been through this? Am I going mad? She claims to want to lose the weight, but does everything in her power to mess it up, and to drag me down with her.

Help?

submitted by /u/TheMediocreMaester
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O1SFwN

No comments:

Post a Comment