Tuesday, October 30, 2018

New to Reddit and this sub, here's my weight loss story

Let me start off with my stats. My heaviest ever was 210 lbs, though I was about 200 when I first started actively losing weight. It's been about 5 months since then, and currently I'm 158 lbs, as of this morning. I'm 5'9, so I started out as obese for my height (something I would've denied if you asked me then), and I'm proud to finally be in a healthy weight range, for the first time since I was in elementary school (I'm 20 now).

I do 20:4 intermittent fasting, eat around 1500 calories a day with lots of protein, and my current workout schedule consists of 4 weight days of 45 minute sessions, 2 cardio days, one for HIIT sprints and one for running, and finally one rest day, when I also have a cheat meal to keep myself sane. When I started off I wasn't doing any cardio or intermittent fasting, but I was losing weight nonetheless.

I don't really have a goal weight, since I've already passed what was initially my goal but still have some stubborn fat left. I'm just going to keep dropping until I like how I look I guess, and then focus on gaining muscle.

Well now let me jump to why I made a Reddit account to join r/loseit. I've been overweight for most of my life and obese for most of high school and college, so that has really affected my self-esteem and confidence in general. As a result of this (among other things) I don't have too many friends, so I'm not exactly surrounded by people encouraging me in this journey. Of course I have my family and close friends, and they're very supportive and I'm thankful, but I don't have anyone that I can talk to about the struggles of being overweight or unhappy, or dealing with food cravings, or to share weight loss advice with. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm looking for a community to continue this journey with, and I hope I find that here!

Once again I'm new to Reddit so I'm not exactly sure how this works lol, but trying to figure it out. Feel free to leave any advice, or even ask for it if you're new to losing weight. Thanks if you read this far.

submitted by /u/tenamonth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AAP31v

No comments:

Post a Comment