Friday, October 26, 2018

The start of my weight loss journey

I just wanted to intoduce myself and share the beginning of my weight loss journey.

I am a 27yo female and I have just discovered this community on Reddit. It has been so helpful already.

I suffer from chronic pain due to a neurological condition and have problems with impulse control/ADHD, binge-eating disorder and depression/anxiety. I have been overeright or obese since I was 12 and really struggled with emotional eating and my self-image.

My health made it impossible to tolerate any exercise or activity that raised my heart rate, and long recoveries from surgeries meant I spent a lot of time on the couch, eating.

I became a vegetarian about a year ago, for a few reasons, but also because I wanted to start cooking from scratch and learning about nutrition/portion control. I also managed to quit smoking cigarettes, cold turkey, after being a heavy smoker for a decade. I don't know where the motivation has come from but I just want to keep feeling proud of myself. The feeling of accomplishment is addictive.

9 days ago I downloaded an app to count calories and started logging everything I ate. I have lost 7lbs in 9 days and have started building a daily routine and planning my meals out in advance to help gain better control.

I am 5ft4", started at 248lbs, today I am 241lbs and my goal is 140lbs.

If anyone has any helpful tips or advice or would just like to share stories/chat about weight loss, please do get in touch.

submitted by /u/greenmanrumham
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ji9Byy

No comments:

Post a Comment