Thursday, October 25, 2018

Looking for guidance

Stick with me . . . this might be long.

In May I started my weight loss journey with simple CICO (weighing all foods with a food scale), I was limiting to around 1500 calories a day and the weight flew off. I work out 5 days a week with cardio and strength training. I have incorporated IF 16/8 and 18/6 since July and also watch my macros. I don't do Keto but try to limit my carb intake to around 100g a day. I have PCOS but have/had (see below) it under control by using the supplement Inositol which regulates my periods.

​

My weight loss has stalled over the last couple months. Partly from not being as strict with weighing everything as I once was but also because I'm not sure what I should be doing, I'm constantly second guessing. I'm short so 1200 calories is supposed to be enough? But I work out quite frequently and am not sedentary, I log 10k+ steps daily and my Apple Watch has me expending 2000 - 2200 calories daily. There are so many different TDEE calculators out there and I don't know which one to follow as they all say something different. I also know the suggestion is to use sedentary and count exercise as a bonus but I'm afraid of restricting too far, so I'm bouncing around where I think my calories should be on a daily basis. 1200, 1350, 1500? I like IF but have read that it can mess with hormones and I missed a period completely this month so I'm not sure that is the best option for me. I know Keto is great for PCOS but it's not a sustainable WOL for me. I guess I need help with a daily calorie goal and other's experiences regarding PCOS and weight loss.

submitted by /u/CLeaf206
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D6sg07

No comments:

Post a Comment