Thursday, October 25, 2018

Looking for guidance

Stick with me . . . this might be long.

In May I started my weight loss journey with simple CICO (weighing all foods with a food scale), I was limiting to around 1500 calories a day and the weight flew off. I work out 5 days a week with cardio and strength training. I have incorporated IF 16/8 and 18/6 since July and also watch my macros. I don't do Keto but try to limit my carb intake to around 100g a day. I have PCOS but have/had (see below) it under control by using the supplement Inositol which regulates my periods.

My weight loss has stalled over the last couple months. Partly from not being as strict with weighing everything as I once was but also because I'm not sure what I should be doing, I'm constantly second guessing. I'm short so 1200 calories is supposed to be enough? But I work out quite frequently and am not sedentary, I log 10k+ steps daily and my Apple Watch has me expending 2000 - 2200 calories daily. There are so many different TDEE calculators out there and I don't know which one to follow as they all say something different. I also know the suggestion is to use sedentary and count exercise as a bonus but I'm afraid of restricting too far, so I'm bouncing around where I think my calories should be on a daily basis. 1200, 1350, 1500? I like IF but have read that it can mess with hormones and I missed a period completely this month so I'm not sure that is the best option for me. I know Keto is great for PCOS but it's not a sustainable WOL for me. I guess I need help with a daily calorie goal and other's experiences regarding PCOS and weight loss.

submitted by /u/CLeaf206
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D6sg07

No comments:

Post a Comment