Tuesday, October 30, 2018

No kitchen and living abroad but I want to lose some weight, pls help

21 and female currently living in China. I didn’t weigh myself for years as I felt relatively happy in my body/myself and whilst I knew I had gained some weight, I was pretty shocked to discover I was about a stone heavier than expected and now about 67kg (at 5’3 so my BMI is overweight) and my clothes size was around a UK 12/14 (US 8/10). I dropped to 60 over the course of a month with minimal effort (30 minutes on a rowing machine biweekly, daily hour long walks, and keeping more or less to a calorie target 5/7 days of the week) and was taking steps to both lose weight and be more healthy. This was pretty short term and I went back up to 64 the next month after a holiday where I drank and ate everything but I felt better for trying and the previous was easy for me to maintain whilst enjoying break.

Since moving abroad, I’ve felt like my progress has stopped. I walk about 10 thousand steps every day but that’s my only real form of exercise and I have no kitchen so I have to eat out for every meal, meaning I have little way of tracking my calories. It feels like I’ve gained a little weight but I’m not sure how much as I don’t own a scale right now and I’m a little nervous to buy one.

Just looking for some tips about where to begin in losing weight. I posted in the eat cheap and healthy subreddit and got some good tips but they’ve been hard to follow up on. I’ve been trying to be healthy and low calorie but not sure if what I’m eating is as everything seems to be loaded with oil and I’m yet to find much tasty steamed food or any make your own places. My dorm has strict rules on appliances so I can’t really make my own kitchen and am limited to a microwave and kettle so I eat out for pretty much every meal.

I also have pretty bad gym fear as I’m very very out of shape - used my mam’s rowing machine in our garage but I take a lot of breaks so 30 mins on it takes me closer to 40. I like yoga and stuff but idk if it helps with weight loss really. I intend to join a gym in 2 weeks when I return from a upcoming trip but I’d like to try some home workouts first to ease myself in but I’m not sure where to start with them as I’m a very low level of fitness. In the long term, I’d like to be able to run 5-10K before next Spring/Summer as there’s a event on the Great Wall that I would love to try and run in (but that’s a personal goal so feel free to ignore).

Had a quick look through the faq and still wanted to post so please let me know if this breaks rules. Just not sure where to begin as calorie tracking seemed to help me get going before but I can’t do that now. Thank you for letting me get this off my chest and I’d appreciate any help. I don’t have a particular goal weight right now in kgs but I’d like to be down to a UK 8 (US 4) again in clothes and generally live a more healthy lifestyle. I understand not hugely overweight but I am a little and I would like to be more healthy too and I feel the two go hand in hand.

Edit: Added a bit, twice. Sorry and if this is the wrong sub, feel free to send me some links

submitted by /u/feijis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yI4J1x

No comments:

Post a Comment