Saturday, October 27, 2018

My weight loss brief, hope it will help anyone. Originally wrote it as a reply to someone, decided to post it here.

I can only say what I did and hope it helps. From 92kg to 74 now.

Basically, I started running outdoors, didn't change the eating. Started at 10 min and had to sit down for a while. Next time 12 minutes and kept adding until I could run 30 minutes slowly.

Kept at it 3 times a week, and aimed at increasing speed, lost about 7kg in a few months.

Eating habits begun to improve naturally because of that. Gradually reduced portions but never cut anything, always have one snack a day.

One thing I did was moving breakfast on weekends to lunch. Since it's my favorite, I realized instead of having a big breakfast, lunch and dinner, I can have a medium- small BF (bananas and coffee, or yogurt) and a normal BF for lunch, which is kind of a cheat day but full enjoyment. Just from that switch I lost 2-3 kg. And it's mostly on weekends.

Then, reached about 78-80 and was ok and kept it for a few years, but after turning 40 I started to gain weight, so I increased running time to an hour, slower pace of course, and added bicyle and swimming, an hour each, total 3-4 sessions a week of one of these, and now 74kg (175cm) It took 15 years but it's a part of my life and I eat everything I like, but normal portions. Sometimes I'll have a salad bar dinner, which is ok too.

My takeaways- Start cardio exercise slowly and build up. Try a few things that you can do 3-4 times a week. A GREAT alternative for running is incline fast walking on a treadmill (12-15% at a speed that makes you sweat. You can play with the incline as you want, eg. alternate flat, 10%,15% every few minutes)

Eat- what you like just reduce portions, less meat, more vegs. Sounds simple but it takes time. Anyways, hope any of this helps anyone. Good luck.

submitted by /u/OMB2018
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OQscHY

No comments:

Post a Comment