Friday, October 26, 2018

I officially lost 20lbs!!

Being fat my entire life, I'm so happy I finally lost 20lbs today! I met my first major goal!

I started on September 6th to start losing weight, and over the past month and a half, I have been very good with myself in terms of food and tracking what I ate.

Prior to losing all of this weight, I struggled with weight loss. I felt like I tried everything, from Herbalife to trying to "not eat anything" to "I'll try throwing up my food." My problem was that I kept looking for a shortcut. I kept thinking to myself, "I just won't ever be skinny. I'll probably always be fat."

I was motivated to start losing weight after one of my coworkers said she got a gym membership for herself and I decided, "maybe I should too" since she had convinced me on it. I had never believed in counting calories because everyone made it seem like it'd be miserable and that "calorie counting is horrible and really hard. Who wants to track everything they eat?"

I downloaded a calorie-counting app (which I had 2 years ago too but never used it lol) and I finally gave it a chance. I was determined to see if I could be consistent with my counting, especially after I got on my scale at home (which I was super afraid of getting on) and saw that I was 227lbs. I was at my heaviest, and I felt mortified. Although I felt mortified, it also pushed me to lose weight since I didn't want it to go any higher.

Ever since that day, I have religously been calorie counting everything I eat and I honestly love it. I have fun with it, and it's very gratifying to see myrself say within my limits. I feel as though I have way more control of myself. I work out (though I'm still a couch potato) and I've cut out sugary drinks.

I'm very proud of myself. Now that I'm at 207, I can't wait to lose even more and stay motivated! I hope this motivates anyone else too. At 5'3, I have noticed a change in my appearance, and most importantly, my health too. I had a much harder time going up the stairs and would breathe heavier. I feel very motivated and happy that I'm still going strong! Anything is possible with a lot of persistence and motivation! I can and and am still changing my habits for the better, without hating myself for it either. I'm very happy and still going very strong!!

I think the most important things I have learned are that calorie counting can be very fun so long as you stay motivated. I think of it as a game! Apps that can scan barcodes are SUPER HELPFUL! I recently got a food scale so I can be accurate with stuff I obviously can't scan. Staying very positive has been very important to me. I was always very pessemistic about weight loss. It has all been easier by just staying optimistic. Losing even a fourth of a pound in a week was great! I was happy as long as I saw it gradually decreasing. Even when I had those days where I did gain a little, I would motivate myself by saying, "I only need to work harder now to make up for the gain."

-Squoosh

submitted by /u/squooshii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q5DnJa

No comments:

Post a Comment