Saturday, October 27, 2018

After once thinking I would be obese for the rest of my life, my BMI hit 24 today

Progress pics: https://imgur.com/a/uni5s2y

I spent my entire middle and high school years pretty fat. Like probably one of the fattest kids in my school. I weighed my most around my senior year of high school at around 273. I had an eating disorder and literally just had to eat everything on my plate, even if I wasn't hungry. I'd overeat so much and eat shitty unhealthy food with my friends constantly. Literally the worst day of my year would be getting a checkup from my doctor, for most kids would be completely fine, because my doctor would just destroy me for how fat I was. My BMI was 32+.

I went to college the next year and gradually began naturally losing weight for some reason. I was still eating like shit (pints of ice cream and chips all the time). I ended up getting really sick with mono later in the year and losing 20ish pounds - giving me a taste of how weight loss felt despite my illness. At the beginning of the summer after my freshman year of college, I weighed 245.

I decided to get a gym membership over the summer as well as make an active effort to play pick up basketball with friends. People started noticing my weight loss as I usually went to burn 300-500 calories per gym session with a really low calorie diet. After a strong summer logging my food with the Lose It app, I finished the summer losing 25 lbs at 220.

I started my sophomore year of college and decided to work out less and just simply do a mixture of OMAD/Keto. I had trouble maintaining ketosis as carbs at times can be pretty unavoidable. I signed up for an intramural soccer team and have noticed myself becoming so much lighter and faster - and after almost 3 months of this I weighed in at 183 today.

It feels really good to not be such a slob anymore. At 6'1 and 183 my BMI is 24.1, which for the first time in so fucking long is healthy. For anyone reading this thread, it's so much more possible than you think. All it takes is diet and maintaining a routine.

submitted by /u/doughboyyyyyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EP8VSC

No comments:

Post a Comment