Friday, October 26, 2018

The moment you realized "wow, this might actually work"?

Hi everyone!

I recently had a realization. After many years of doing WW (mostly unsuccessfully), I think this time something changed in me and I feel like I might actually be sticking to a life change instead of a diet. I say this, because in the past I always dreaded eating healthy and working out, but this time feels different. I started changing my eating habits over the summer and shortly thereafter joined a HIIT type gym. It's been around 5 months or so and I have "only" lost 14 lbs. I say only because in past occasions I would've lost that amount much faster, I used to start by eating healthy... eventually just starve myself, binge one day, then a week... and then gain all the weight back. However, I now realize this I am finally doing this the healthy way and it feels great.

I have weeks where I will eat healthy all week, and feel great and proud of myself. But also, I have weeks where I eat like crap on the weekends, or even the full week. But I know now the important thing is to go back to those healthy new habits. Working out has also helped, I used to work out so I could eat more, but now I workout to complement my weight loss. I just feel like this might actually work, while losing weight might be a journey with a weight goal, I now realize healthy living needs to be sustainable. Enjoy the burger and the fries if you want, you have the power to balance your diet, use it wisely and think of what you will after indulging.

Anyways, thanks for reading! It is nice to have someone to share these thoughts with. What are some moments you guys realized your are actually committed to not just losing weight but making some life changes?

TL;DR - Finally realized loosing weight is not about starving myself, but keeping healthy habits and even indulging a little bit.

submitted by /u/cademarino
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O9kfZk

No comments:

Post a Comment