Sunday, October 28, 2018

Weight Loss by Eating More

I'm 7 months post op from my top surgery. One month of resting up later, I realized I had gained quite a bit of weight. I've been struggling with anorexia for 6 or 7 years now, and my body has been in starvation mode, so I've been hanging onto every single calorie and getting chubbier despite my eating disorder's efforts.

One month after surgery I was 180 pounds standing at 5'5". I downloaded Recovery Record, an app that had me not counting calories, but checking in about how I felt about my meals and whether I had restricted and what I had eaten. I slowly have been working up to one full meal and a few snacks if I feel able per day. While eating more I have been able to actually lose weight, and now at 7 months post op I am at 155 lbs. My goal is 140, and I'm adding in a second meal soon to try to work myself back to normal eventually.

Someday I know I'll just eat without thinking about it, but for now I'm really proud of myself for finding a way to make myself healthier while really trying to recover for the first time in my life.

( http://imgur.com/gallery/zOlf3Pz is an imgur photo of my progress so far)

submitted by /u/dantspot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SqPW3t

No comments:

Post a Comment