Thursday, October 25, 2018

Gratitude to strangers online for doing what I thought those close to me would!

20/M Knew I was a fat bas*ard but didn’t realise how heavy I was in a literal sense. At home I’ve been comfortable since young walking around topless despite my mother and 2 sisters being home, they weren’t ever going to judge me for being obese right? Towards the latter end of last year my mother made comments on my weight (which I’m grateful for, it was out of love) and stretch marks basically made me feel shit about myself despite the fact this wasn’t her intention. This led to me buying weighing scales and a whole bunch of motivational posters and shit at the start of the year to see if it would get me going and sorting myself out.

1st Jan 2018 - 235lbs. Fast forward 8 months to: 12th Aug 2018 - 224lbs. Nothing had been done in these 8 months, diet was the same and I wasn’t exercising at all, I put this weight loss down to the fact that I can no longer drive so have been living a more active lifestyle in general.

Come August 12th, 3 days after quite the drunken debacle at a relatives wedding making a fool of myself resulting in feeling not far from the worst I ever have done I decided I needed a positive change and there it came - my friendship group made a football team to join the league, my one love football. Having not played in years and being mad out of shape this was a lift I needed to get into gear!

Since 12th August I have gone from 224lbs to 204lbs (today- 25th Oct 2018) still a long way to go but feeling better, eating better, running consistently and playing football life is improving. However, to get to the point of my post: After losing this weight I thought those who critiqued me in the past, friends and family would be very happy for me and seeing this progress; but I just get the buzz that nobody cares - then it hit me .. they don’t. The only person you’re losing weight for is yourself and nobody else will care (as much as you maybe imagined they would if not at all) which can be quite demotivating I felt. Ultimately this is where my gratitude lies, the r/loseit community (despite me being a lurker) has provided me with the enthusiasm and spirit to keep me going harder and harder every day! A long way to go YES; but knowing how genuinely happy and supportive you all are by reading other posts every morning I knooooooow this long way to go is 100% possible no doubt whatsoever.

So ultimately thanks, good strangers of the world!!!! Love all keep movingggg!!

submitted by /u/danoleary44
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OPOgCm

No comments:

Post a Comment