Tuesday, October 30, 2018

I lost 65lbs and I'm not obese anymore but I can't help finding myself too big...

Hey guys!

3 years ago I was more than 100kg (220 lbs). At that time I didn't dare to take any picture of myself, because it was a humiliation. I found myself too big, ugly, and taking pictures made me feel bad. I reordered my life, changed many things, and successfully lost weight and maintain my new way of life. Today I'm 70 kg (154 lbs)

During these 3 years I haven't taken any picture of myself and I haven't used any scale. I'm afraid of scales. I have no way to really compare and prove myself that I lost weight. Everytime I'm weighing I feel like I'm too big and I never consider my weight loss. I'm still constantly shaming myself for being too big, too fat, allthough I lost weight. Looking at the mirror is still difficult, even if my weight has become "normal", I'm even asking myself wether I really lost weight or not. The only evidence I have are my former jeans and t-shirts which have become too large for me. I feel like the situation has never changed. I feel myself too big compared to what I'm seeing in the movies/medias...

My bf (we are together for 5 years) is telling me that I lost weight, and my family does as well but I can't believe what they say and I still consider myself as much too big (allthough my weight is normal). They tell me that my physical appearance has become almost normal, but that's not what I'm seeing in the mirror... I've always been big, since my childhood and I feel like I can't connect to my new identity of a non big person...

Has anyone got such a problem? What do you guys think?

Thanks !

submitted by /u/Ariavoire
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SvwHpC

No comments:

Post a Comment