Thursday, October 25, 2018

We decided to finally get healthy. Now what?

I (42F) need to lose at least 100 pounds. He (43M) needs to lose probably 150. It finally sunk in that if we don’t do something, we will die. We want to make actual lifestyle changes that stick. Neither of us are interested in weight loss surgery.

On my side, I’m getting a dietitian and starting to go to binge eating groups to treat my disordered eating, starting to see a physical therapist for my severe knee arthritis that specializes in transitioning you to the gym. I’m planning on getting an Apple Watch or some sort of activity tracker to keep motivated to be active. I’m hesitant to chose a diet until I see the dietician because of the disordered eating, either binging or restricting. Because of that, I’m not tracking at the moment.

I don’t really know where to start with him though. He said he would also consider the binge eating group. He’s in better physical shape than me and wouldn’t need the physical therapist. We are talking about paying a personal trainer for a few sessions to get him started so he can know the best way to start. I’d like to get him a activity tracker but don’t know which one would best suit his needs at this point. (It would need to be durable, have xl bands available, and unobtrusive.) He’s tracking his calories.

I already cook everything from scratch and think that it is more a matter of portion control when it comes to food for us. Our local rec center is excellent and inexpensive. We plan on joining that rather than a gym because of the better facilities. I can’t help but to think that activity is key for us at this point. Something that we have to work on a bit slowly so we don’t injure ourselves.

Is there anything else we can do to keep going through this and stay motivated? This is going to be a very long journey for the two of us. We tend to influence each other greatly for bad habits, I’m hoping we can start influence each other for good ones now as well.

submitted by /u/adiposehysteria
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yxER8u

No comments:

Post a Comment